The cemetery is open for all Muslims. This cemetery has been in existence since April 15, 2002. The Muslim Cemetery is four acres in size, gated and well kept. It is located 25 miles from the al-Masjid Islamic Center in Greenville, NC. The site is provided by the Islamic Association of Eastern North Carolina. Muslim Burial Service is available in Greenville.
The topic of “Cemetery” is very important, as each and every one of us will experience the most profound of the life-altering events one day, which is: Death.
Almost every day we hear of the death of someone. Yet most people ignore the fact that one day they will die too, they go on with their life as if nothing has happened feeling that the time has not yet come for them to die.
Allah (SWT) says in the Qur’an: “Everyone shall taste death. And only on the day of resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the fire and admitted to paradise, this person is indeed successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception:” (Qur’an 3:185), and “Every soul shall have the taste of death” (Qur’an 29:57).
In an authentic Hadith Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said “Remember the destroyer of pleasures – death, for not a day passes upon the grave except it says “I am the house of soil; I am the house of worms” (Authentic – Tirmidhi).
The knowledge of the reality of death helps people understand it and prepare themselves for its coming.
Directions to the Muslim Cemetery:
1) Leaving Greenville on Route 43 South travel 14.5 miles until reaching Hwy 102.
2) Turn LEFT go 7.5 miles on Hwy 102. This will bring you to Route 17.
3) Turn RIGHT on to Hwy 17 south.
4) Make an immediate LEFT Turn on to Chandler Rd. Proceed 3 miles until reaching Haddock Rd.
5) Turn RIGHT onto the gravel lane.
6) MUSLIM CEMETERY is the next to the last property on the road.